NATO Project No. 982838
The project followed the scientific objectives:
- Elucidation of the relevance of the C-terminal peptide fragments of proTα’s excretion to early apoptosis of monocytes/macrophages induced upon their in vitro infection with pathogenic bacteria (eg. Streptococcus spp, Pasteurella spp, Klebsiella spp, Salmonella spp, Corynebacterium spp).
- Development of a very sensitive and specific diagnostic tool (immunoassay in the format of an ELISA) for the detection of the released into blood plasma proTα fragments
- Validation of this diagnostic tool in infected animal models
- Validation of this diagnostic tool in infected and non-infected humans at the onset and during the course of infectious diseases
- Implementation of the end-results of the project towards commercialization
Moreover the project trained several young scientists in the partner’s institutes and up-graded the equipment of Romania’s involved institutes.
During project development several training stages for team’s young researchers were fulfilled in Germany, Greece and Romania .
Team members attended several scientific meetings were project’s results were presented.
During the project development dissemination of scientific results was sustained by several joint publications and communications , in each publication and communication NATO SfP was acknowledged.
SURNAME, First name, Title, Position
Institute and Address
Telephone, Fax and E-mail
|NEAGU, Monica, Ph.D., Head of Immunobiology Laboratory||“Victor Babes” National Institute of Pathology and Biomedical Sciences, 99-101 Splaiul Independentei, 050096 Bucharest, Romania||Tel: +40 21 319 45 28
Fax: +40 21 319 45 28
web site: www.ivb.ro
|VOELTER, Wolfgang, Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. mult.||Interfakultaeres Institut fuer Biochemie, University of Tuebingen, Hoppe-Seyler-Strasse 4, D-72076, Tuebingen, Germany||Tel: +49 7071 297 3041
Fax: +49 7071 29 3348
|RADU, Dorel Lucian, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor||“Cantacuzino” National Institute of Research and Development for Microbiology and Immunology, 103 Splaiul Independentei, C.P. 1-525, 050096, Bucharest, Romania||Phone: +40 21 318 44 15
Fax: +40 21 318 44 14
web site: www.cantacuzino.ro
|VORGIAS, Constantinos, Ph.D., Associate Professor||Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Ilissia, 15784, Athens, Greece||Tel: +30 210 7274 514
Fax: +30 210 7274 158
web site: www.uoa.gr
|TSITSILONIS, Ourania, M.D., Ph.D., Lecturer||Department of Animal and Human Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Ilissia, 15784, Athens, Greece||Tel: +30 210 7274 215
Fax: +30 210 7274 635
web site: www.uoa.gr
Identity of the End-User
|FLAD, Thomas, Ph.D., Managing Director (CSO)
CANSIER, Alexander, Ph.D., Managing Director (COO)
Ob dem Himmelreich 7, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany
|Tel: +49 7071 2972074
Fax: +49 7071 29 4445
web site: www.panatecs.com